The Auth-Florence 4C Horizontal Mailbox Model Suite A
We are pleased to bring to our customers, the unbeatable security of Auth-Florence 4C Horizontal Mail Systems. They are designed to meet or exceed the USPS STD-4C specifications for Mailbox Security that recently became mandatory on all new construction and major renovations. Available in six styles and eight colors, you can configure your 4C Mailbox system to meet your needs and décor.
The Auth-Florence 4C Horizontal Mailbox Model Suite A: About the Product
With an unwavering dedication to mail security, the United States Postal Service enacted standard revision 4C to enhance the resistance of centralized mailbox units to tampering and vandalism. The need for the new standard also arose from a 47% increase in flat mail and a 42% increase in parcels since 1985. This massive increase is largely attributed to growing consumer purchases from the Internet.
The primary change resulting from the standard 4C revision is in tenant mailbox size. While not universal, most vertical mailboxes are approximately 16 inches tall, 5 inches wide and 6 inches deep. These dimensions suit regular letters and post cards without a problem, but flat packages and periodicals must be contorted to fit within these inhibitive dimensions. 4C compliant mailboxes will measure exactly 3 inches tall, 12 inches wide and 15 inches deep, allowing periodicals and flats to lie down without rolling or folding, and increasing security with the smaller door size.
Remarkably, despite the sweeping change and the heightened service levels this revision creates, a survey provided by F.W. Dodge, the nation's largest source of building plans, specifications and analysis data, suggests that over 70% of buildings have already or can easily accommodate the 4C revision. About 20% of buildings would require minor changes, and less than 10% would require more than minor changes.
The Auth-Florence 4C Horizontal Mailbox Model Suite A: About the Styles
Your choice of six 4C Mailbox, Suite A system styles:
- 4CAT8-19: Front-loading, double column unit with 19-tenant doors. (39”W x 31 9/16”W x 17”D)
- 4CAT2-15: Front-loading, double column unit with 15-tenant doors plus (1) 15" parcel door. (39”W x 31 9/16”W x 17”D)
- 4CAT1-4: Front-loading, single column unit with 4-tenant doors plus (1) 15" parcel door. (39”W x 17 1/2”W x 17”D)
- 4CAT6-9: Front-loading, single column unit with 9-tenant doors. (39”W x 17 1/2”W x 17”D)
- 4CAT10: Front-loading, single column parcel only unit with (1) 15" parcel and (1) 18" parcel door. (39”W x 17 1/2”W x 17”D)
- 4CAT6-XL: Front loading, single column unit with (1) 13-3/4"H tenant, (1) 6-3/4"H tenant, and (1) 10-1/4"H tenant. (39”W x 17 1/2”W x 17”D)
The Auth-Florence 4C Horizontal Mailbox Model Suite A: About the Colors
Your 4C Mailbox system is available in the following colors:
- Postal Grey (available for ready ship)
- Silver Speck (available for ready ship)
- Forest Green
- Dark Bronze
- Blonde Gold*
*Note: Blonde Gold paint in not rated for outdoor use and is intended for inside installations only. All other powdercoat paint colors available are weather resistant and may be used for indoor or outdoor installations.
The Auth-Florence 4C Horizontal Mailbox Model Suite A: About the Features
- Rugged, corrosion and weather resistant powdercoat finish resists scratching and vandalism
- Constructed of heavy gauge aluminum and 300 series stainless steel components for superior strength, corrosion resistance and exceptional outdoor durability
- Master loading doors designed with interlocking overlap seams to prevent prying
- Quick release master loading door lock latch for easy access by Postal carriers
- Solid aluminum mail slot frame similar to High Security CBU design protects adjacent customer compartment and collection compartment
- Unique double-locking parcel locking mechanism design (patent pending) for added mail package security
- New USPS-1172 910A lock with three (3) keys
- Front and rear load units available
- Number decals up to three digits or engraved identification up to six characters
- Exclusive Auth-Florence multi-unit connector kit hardware (patent pending) included with every mailbox model for convenience and ease of installation
The Auth-Florence 4C Horizontal Mailbox Model Suite A: About the Applications
Just some of the applications for 4C Horizontal Mailbox: Residential, Multi-Family, Centralized, Industrial, High Security, Non-Postal Dorms, Office Mail Room, Parcel Delivery, Private Postal Centers, Government Agencies, Colleges/Universities, K-12 Schools, Financial Institutions, Military Bases, Medical Facilities
The Auth-Florence 4C Horizontal Mailbox Model Suite A: About the Manufacturer
Auth-Florence mailboxes have been approved by the United States Postal Service since the company began in 1934. Of the eleven major manufacturers of postal specialties at that time, only four remain today. Auth-Florence is the only major mailbox manufacturer that makes Division 10 Postal Specialties its sole focus. They own 43 United States Patents registered for mailbox unit designs, hinge configurations, performance locks and other elements. Dedication to innovation has established Auth-Florence as the postal-approved standard in mail safety with its own patented designs.
The Auth-Florence Manufacturing Company of Manhattan, Kan., is one of 10 companies nationwide being recognized for their quality products and excellent customer service in supplying the United States Postal Service with the equipment, materials, and services it needs to deliver superior products and service to the American public. The 2006 Supplier Performance Awards ceremony was held at Postal Service headquarters on March 6, 2007, where Auth-Florence received the coveted Postal Supplier Council Excellence Award. It recognizes individuals or teams from participating suppliers who have made the biggest annual impact on the success of Postal Supplier Council efforts.